Wholesome and healthy alternatives are increasingly becoming available as natural health retailers fill a void for healthy fast food.
Relinquishing your better judgment for a fast food meal can sometimes seem like the expedient thing to do. Kids are starving—and noisily so; you’re at your wits’ end at the end of a long and punishing day at the office; and there’s nothing at home to whip out and put on the table quickly enough to save the day.
It too often feels like the only option. Though quick and easy, surrendering to the lure of the golden arches in a weak moment can leave us with more than just a stomach ache. Thankfully, as a popular Australian blogger discovered, natural health stores can fill the void with fast food that won’t give us a stomach ache—or a dreadful feeling of guilt!
Look for healthy options in your neck of the woods. You may be pleasantly surprised at the number of creative choices popping up all over to feed the needs of an increasingly well-informed—and health-seeking public.
When you have time to plan ahead
You can also try some of these ideas designed to help busy families put quick and nutritious meals on the table. After all, what family isn’t busy? Between juggling multiple jobs, daycare, school, and extra-curricular activities, saying that it can be difficult to get a home-cooked meal on the table three times a day is an understatement. However, these tips for breakfast, lunch, and dinner might help.
- Try these delicious breakfast cereal recipes. And when the day is proving too hectic, refer to the article’s tips for choosing a healthy breakfast cereal.
- At the very least, a healthy meal replacement bar is far superior to a greasy fast-food breakfast sandwich, or a muffin the size of softball.
- Try these quick and easy lunch ideas, and check out the article’s lunch packing tips.
- Try this meal plan for kids’ lunches that are fast, easy, and sure to be devoured.
- Check out these lunch recipes, as well as the article’s 10 Top Tips to Make your Brown Bag Better.
- Make a Mason Jar Salad!
- Keep these pantry staples stocked at all times, so you never have an excuse to grab take-out.
- Freeze or can foods in advance, so they’ll be on hold for one of those days.